President Tsai pledges to make Taiwan a global smart machinery hub2018-09-17 10:00 TFPMA
President Tsai Ing-wen said Aug. 29 that the government is making solid progress in transforming Taiwan into a global hub for smart machinery and intelligent manufacturing.
Local firms are receiving assistance from the government in the form of expert advice and subsidies in upgrading their manufacturing models, Tsai said. This will enable them to make the transition from manual labor to smart production in line with Industry 4.0, she added.
Industry 4.0, also known as the fourth industrial revolution, refers to the development of digitally connected manufacturing that combines artificial intelligence, big data management, smart automation and the Internet of Things.
Tsai, who made the remarks while opening the Taiwan Automation Intelligence and Robot Show at Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center, said the local machinery industry plays a central role in the country’s economic development, with production value exceeding US$32.57 billion last year.
A total of 152 companies and institutions from home and abroad took part in the four-day event organized by Taipei City-based nongovernmental organization Taiwan Automation Intelligence and Robotics Association and supported by the ministries of Economic Affairs, Education, and Science and Technology.
Source: Taiwan Today
Nina Lin (email@example.com)
- About Us
- <Import Values of Taiwan Food Machinery in 2018>
- <Export Values of Taiwan Food Machinery in 2018>
- The Features of TaiNEX 2
- President Tsai pledges to make Taiwan a global smart machinery hub
- <Import Values of Taiwan Food Machinery in 2017>
- <Export Values of Taiwan Food Machinery in 2017>
- 2018 Taipei International 5-in-1 Food Show Breaks Records of Scale
- Exports break yearly, monthly records
- Taiwan Machinery Became the Manufacturing Industry Flagship in Indonesia
- US tax reform, interest rates top advisers' concerns
- Statistical News: Export Orders up 6.9% in Septembert 2017
- <Import Values of Taiwan Food Machinery in 2016>
- <Export Values of Taiwan Food Machinery in 2016>
- Vitafoods Asia 2017 Well-Poised for Successful First Run in Singapore
- Vitafoods Asia 2017 (5-6 September)-The nutraceutical event for Asia
- Vitafoods Asia 2016 (1-2 September)-The nutraceutical event for Asia
- Taiwan's eminent food Industry delivered a thousand & one flavors! Fab 5 food-expo wraps up sizzling business! A record 7,500 industry buyers served!
- <Import Values of Taiwan Food Machinery in 2015>
- <Export Values of Taiwan Food Machinery in 2015>
- Fab 5 Food - Expo Wraps up Sizzling Business a Record 7,500 International Buyers Served!
- <Import Values of Taiwan Food Machinery in 2014>
- <Export Values of Taiwan Food Machinery in 2014>
- Successful Conclusion to 2014 6-in-1 Taipei Int'l Food Expo!
- Foodtech & Pharmatech Taipe 2014 is Comimg Soon!
- Taiwanese Documentary Wins Jury Award in Houston
- US-Taiwan Spring Business Networking Event Held in New York
- 2014 Explore Asia's super 5 in 1 Food Expo in Taiwan - E-letter Issue
- Bilateral Trade Between Vietnam and Taiwan in November 2013
- TLC's Samantha Brown Impressed with Taiwan's MRT System
- Business Alliance Conference Yields Record Investment
- Hong Kong's 'Taiwan Month' to Feature Art Shows From Taiwan
- Five-in-One Food Expo Successfully Concluded in 2013
- Foodtech & Pharmatech Taipe 2013 is Around The Corner!
- WTO Global Trade Report Shows Taiwan Trade Remains Steady
- Vertical Integration in Food Industries for More Business Opportunities
- Food Industry Continues Strong Investment in Taiwan
- Pride of Taiwan's Food Machinery Industry
- Global Economic Recovery Showing a Twilight of Taiwan’s Exports
- 「Foodtech & Pharmatech Taipei 2013」Will be Held in June, 2013!
- Contact Us