US-Taiwan Spring Business Networking Event Held in New York2014-04-22 12:17 TFPMA
Source：Bureau of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Economic Affairs
The Investment and Trade Office of the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office (TECO) successfully held its first US-Taiwan Business Networking event in 2014 on March 26 after the long, cold winter that New York had been having. This time, the office was fortunate to have invited Ms. Claire McLeveighn, vice president of International Trade and Investment of Empire State Development as the keynote speaker. Her presentation focused on what the New York state government will do to help companies start up in the state and what her agency is doing to spur trade and investment between New York and the rest of the world. Ms. McLeveighn assumed this position only two months ago.
The new director general of TECO, Ambassador Wen Liang Chang attended the event for the first time since succeeding Ambassador Andrew Kao this past January. In his welcoming remarks he briefed participants on important issues that the Taiwan government is undertaking and promised everyone that he would continue to build on the foundation laid down by his predecessor to further enhance all aspects of bilateral relations between Taiwan and the Tri-State Area, including Pennsylvania.
For the widely acclaimed “Knowing Your Fellow Executives” series, Mr. Mike Lin and Mr. Johnny Lu, two outstanding Taiwanese business executives, were invited to attend. Mr. Ling is the vice president of Energy Solutions at Delta Products Corp., a global leader in power and thermal management R & D. Mr. Lu is the president of Lucroal and Lupearl Group Ltd. Founded in 1963, Lucoral and Lupearl is the largest supplier of coral and pearl products in Taiwan, with more than 30 sales offices and over 1,000 employees across the globe. Both Mr. Lin and Mr. Lu gave excellent presentations of their respective companies.
The spring networking event had a great turnout of over 90 participants, and the networking reception lasted until 9pm. Everyone enjoyed the easy-going and amiable atmosphere and did not feel like leaving.
- About Us
- [Download] Bio/Pharmatech Taiwan 2020 Brochure
- <Import Values of Taiwan Food Machinery in 2018>
- <Export Values of Taiwan Food Machinery in 2018>
- The Features of TaiNEX 2
- President Tsai pledges to make Taiwan a global smart machinery hub
- <Import Values of Taiwan Food Machinery in 2017>
- <Export Values of Taiwan Food Machinery in 2017>
- 2018 Taipei International 5-in-1 Food Show Breaks Records of Scale
- Exports break yearly, monthly records
- Taiwan Machinery Became the Manufacturing Industry Flagship in Indonesia
- US tax reform, interest rates top advisers' concerns
- Statistical News: Export Orders up 6.9% in Septembert 2017
- <Import Values of Taiwan Food Machinery in 2016>
- <Export Values of Taiwan Food Machinery in 2016>
- Vitafoods Asia 2017 Well-Poised for Successful First Run in Singapore
- Vitafoods Asia 2017 (5-6 September)-The nutraceutical event for Asia
- Vitafoods Asia 2016 (1-2 September)-The nutraceutical event for Asia
- Taiwan's eminent food Industry delivered a thousand & one flavors! Fab 5 food-expo wraps up sizzling business! A record 7,500 industry buyers served!
- <Import Values of Taiwan Food Machinery in 2015>
- <Export Values of Taiwan Food Machinery in 2015>
- Fab 5 Food - Expo Wraps up Sizzling Business a Record 7,500 International Buyers Served!
- <Import Values of Taiwan Food Machinery in 2014>
- <Export Values of Taiwan Food Machinery in 2014>
- Successful Conclusion to 2014 6-in-1 Taipei Int'l Food Expo!
- Foodtech & Pharmatech Taipe 2014 is Comimg Soon!
- Taiwanese Documentary Wins Jury Award in Houston
- US-Taiwan Spring Business Networking Event Held in New York
- 2014 Explore Asia's super 5 in 1 Food Expo in Taiwan - E-letter Issue
- Bilateral Trade Between Vietnam and Taiwan in November 2013
- TLC's Samantha Brown Impressed with Taiwan's MRT System
- Business Alliance Conference Yields Record Investment
- Hong Kong's 'Taiwan Month' to Feature Art Shows From Taiwan
- Five-in-One Food Expo Successfully Concluded in 2013
- Foodtech & Pharmatech Taipe 2013 is Around The Corner!
- WTO Global Trade Report Shows Taiwan Trade Remains Steady
- Vertical Integration in Food Industries for More Business Opportunities
- Food Industry Continues Strong Investment in Taiwan
- Pride of Taiwan's Food Machinery Industry
- Global Economic Recovery Showing a Twilight of Taiwan’s Exports
- 「Foodtech & Pharmatech Taipei 2013」Will be Held in June, 2013!
- Contact Us